Our specialist team has experience advising on all aspects of decommissioning projects including compliance with environmental legislation, risk management and insurance.
Our expertise includes:
- Advising on decommissioning terms in JOAs and decommissioning liability.
- Advising on contracts for the decommissioning of offshore structures and subsea infrastructure.
- Advising on claims for extra time and costs in the event of variations to the scope of work and/or inaccuracies in the company provided information.
- Advising on claims for extra time and costs in the event of lack of safe access.
- Advising on claims due to environmental and conservation issues.
- Advising on contracts for the disposal and recycling of decommissioned materials.
- Advising on the procurement for insurance for decommissioning projects.
- Advising on the financing of decommissioning vessels.
- Advising on construction contracts for decommissioning vessels.
Our experience includes:
- Advised for marine contractors on their disputed US$290 million claim against an international oil company for sums due on the decommissioning and removal of an oil platform from the UK North Sea.
- Advised on the financing of three diverless sub-sea decommissioning vessels.
- Negotiated contracts for the decommissioning of a North Sea platform.
- Advised on disposal of North Sea assets where decommissioning liability was a major issue for the buyer and the seller.
- Advised on its investment in the North Sea and on potential decommissioning liabilities.
- Advised on North Sea pipelines and on potential decommissioning liabilities.
- Advised various clients on the decommissioning provisions contained in JOAs.
- Advised on Construction contracts for a decommissioning vessel.
- Advised on the liabilities of a contractor when managing and decommissioning an offshore production platform in the UK.
- Represented an oil and gas company in an ICC arbitration in relation to the operator’s obligation when selecting a suitable decommissioning rig under a joint venture agreement.