Our experience includes:
- Advised on the development of an innovative insurance policy to cover a contractor’s liability for defects during the warranty period.
- Represented an FPSO contractor and a P&I Club on recovery of umbilical and related claims following winch wire failure during installation.
- Advised on the development of an excess energy exploration and development insurance policy wording to cover control of well, redrilling and pollution risks.
- Advised on the development of an innovative insurance policy to cover liability under parent company guarantees in the context of a corporate transaction for the sale of an offshore contractor subsidiary.
- Assisted a Korean marine an insurer, on the issue of cover under a shipbuilding insurance policy and the reinsurance policy in relation to a claim made by a major shipyard based in Vietnam, whose vessels under construction were damaged by a tropical storm.
- Advised on claims under WELCAR insurance policies including claims arising from missing bolts (on a compliant tower) and claims arising from fatigue cracking in legs (of offshore jack-up production platforms).
- Advised on claims under energy package policies including claims presented by captives of NOCs.
- Advised on a substantial business interruption claim following damage to an FPSO.
- Advised on the grounding of the Mighty Servant 2 in Indonesia in 1999, when en route to Cabinda Angola, bearing the North Nemba topsides.
- Advised on claims arising from fatigue cracking to the hull of an FPSO.
- Advised on claims arising from damaged FPSO risers.
- Advised on issues arising from the BP Thunderhorse casualty.
- Advised on the insurance arrangements for a project to convert an LNG vessel into an FSRU.
- Advised on an insurance claim arising from the failure of the main bearing of an FPSO turret.
- Advised on a claim arising from damage to a FPSO riser.
- Advised on insurance issues arising from the total loss of the AHTS Bourbon Dolphin in April 2007.
© Stephenson Harwood LLP 2023. Information contained on this page is current as at the date of first publication and is for general information only. It is not intended to provide legal advice.