Our experience includes:
- Advised on the development of an innovative insurance policy to cover a contractor’s liability for defects during the warranty period.
- Represented an FPSO contractor and a P&I Club on recovery of umbilical and related claims following winch wire failure during installation.
- Advised on the development of an excess energy exploration and development insurance policy wording to cover control of well, redrilling and pollution risks.
- Advised on the development of an innovative insurance policy to cover liability under parent company guarantees in the context of a corporate transaction for the sale of an offshore contractor subsidiary.
- Assisted a Korean marine an insurer, on the issue of cover under a shipbuilding insurance policy and the reinsurance policy in relation to a claim made by a major shipyard based in Vietnam, whose vessels under construction were damaged by a tropical storm.
- Advised on claims under WELCAR insurance policies including claims arising from missing bolts (on a compliant tower) and claims arising from fatigue cracking in legs (of offshore jack-up production platforms).
- Advised on claims under energy package policies including claims presented by captives of NOCs.
- Advised on a substantial business interruption claim following damage to an FPSO.
- Advised on the grounding of the Mighty Servant 2 in Indonesia in 1999, when en route to Cabinda Angola, bearing the North Nemba topsides.
- Advised on claims arising from fatigue cracking to the hull of an FPSO.
- Advised on claims arising from damaged FPSO risers.
- Advised on issues arising from the BP Thunderhorse casualty.
- Advised on the insurance arrangements for a project to convert an LNG vessel into an FSRU.
- Advised on an insurance claim arising from the failure of the main bearing of an FPSO turret.
- Advised on a claim arising from damage to a FPSO riser.
- Advised on insurance issues arising from the total loss of the AHTS Bourbon Dolphin in April 2007.